Saturday 15 December 2007

Spirituality, mysticism and me, continuing.

Years later and in a diferent type of church, I found that I was gaining little insights into what can only be described as other peoples worlds.

For example I was at church, a meeting of about 200 folk, and I felt prompted that the were certain illnesses amongst the congregation that should be prayed for.
I spoke to the church elders, who then allowed me to name the illnesses out loud in the meeting.

Three illnesses were name, and three people came to me after for prayer, exactly as foretold.
A little while later someone said to me, "that was brave", I considered this but at the time my main concern was whether it was acceptable behaviour in that kind of church.

The Christian practice of "laying on of hands" is equivalent in some ways to Reiki. It often has a bad press, but none the less healing by spiritual means has been around for years.

We are complex creature; Body, Soul and Spirit. To treat one part without treating the others seems to me to be only doing half a job.

Am I depressed because I am ill, or am I ill because I am depressed. Similarly, am I oppressed because I am ill, or am I ill because I am oppressed?

So my world grew, dismissed by some, but such things by their nature go unseen, faith is a tricky thing.

1 comment:

Blossomcottage said...

I have only just found your blog, by chance as it was you and me on site at the same time. I remembered Zoe was looking for your blog one day and here it is. I will read it all properly later, but your reference ot Reiki took my eye, I went through a very emotional time a few years ago and experienced Reiki. I found it to be the most healing thing I had ever been given for the mind, it lifted me and I am sure it sent me on the road to recovery. I belive that time and the mind are great healers and if we believe and have faith, life will be better.

Blossom